Lead Software Engineer
More than 90% of families miss out on at least one public or tax benefit they are entitled to due to the complexity of information and bureaucracy. BonusX is the first gov-tech startup in Italy that facilitates the discovery and access to your public services and other opportunities.
Some product history! After a few MVPs, we launched the BonusX platform in January 2022, starting from 0 users. Today, less than a year and a half since the launch, we have surpassed 300,000 registered users and €25,000,000 in benefits disbursed. To digitize bureaucracy, simplification is crucial. Our platform puts design and customer experience at the forefront, using simple language and intuitive interfaces to enable digitized management of information and documents for practices such as ISEE Certification, Tax Declaration, First Home Mortgage, and Family Allowance. Create your profile, the platform tells you what you can access, and you apply online!
You will work in our Product Development team for the development, testing and debugging of responsive web applications with a data-driven and user-centric logic for a significant social impact. We are a team of creatives, developers, and marketers whose goal is to create solutions that can simplify bureaucracy and contact between people and the extreme variety of opportunities offered by public and private entities. We are not afraid of complexity and aim for continuous improvement.
We have recently concluded a multi-million seed round, supported by venture capital firms from the US and UK, as well as accomplished unicorn entrepreneurs. Our roadmap propels us from the startup stage to the scale-up phase, with rapid growth and international expansion. In your role, you will be able to embrace our mission and generate socially impactful results.
- Development and maintenance of cloud services and applications.
- Use of best practices and focus on code security.
- Support in the implementation of the software architecture.
- Detailed API documentation.
🧑💻 Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related fields.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Experience in building API-driven web applications.
- Experience with development tools (GIT, DOCKER, SSH, etc.).
- Knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL) and non-relational databases.
- Native or fluent Italian speaker.
- Fluent English speaker.
- MySQL, PostgreSQL;
- Knowledge of DevOps on AWS or Google Cloud.
- Experience in tutoring and team management.
- Knowledge of other programming languages and frameworks.
💙 What we offer
- Permanent contract.
- Competitive salary based on experience in the range of €40-80k.
- Flexible benefits package.
- Tickets restaurant.
- Company-funded training plan.
- High-impact role.
- Excellent growth opportunities.
- Great work-life balance.
- Full-remote work with the possibility of smart working from abroad.